Keep your Brain Hard with Sudoku Mobile App. Read The Review!
Sudoku is a logic number-placement game which is popular among children and adults. Volcano Entertainment has developed a convenient and easy-to-use Android app for exercising your brain. As you probably know, the core of the puzzle is to fill a 9×9 square with the digits from 1 to 9 so that they would never repeat in each 3×3 area, each column, or each row. Each puzzle has a single solution. You’ll never get bored with this, right?
Boost your logic skills
Unlike various versions of Sudoku available online, the app teaches users and helps to improve their skills. It gives some hints and detailed instructions at each step of the game. It also contains useful animation and colorful visual effects. The main menu has the following options: New Game, Continue Game, Career, Online Puzzle and Custom Puzzle. Start with the easiest level and track your statistics. The game consists of eight levels, from the beginner to the expert. The app’s usability is quite good: simple input methods, appealing graphics, and clear controls.
As each game has a particular solution, I doubt whether it is worth replaying. Just start another game and exercise your brain!
The app is compatible with Android. If you have an iPhone, try similar versions of Sudoku in App Store.
Let’s have a look at the app’s key features:
- I’d say it’s a catchy puzzle, and its tutorial mode explains any solution. Even if you haven’t played the game before, you’ll learn how to deal with it within a few clicks.
- Statistics on your progress. Users can track their progress and try more difficult levels with complicated solutions. You can also try various modes, i.e. X or Color. On the whole, more than 15,000 puzzles are available.
- Users can share their progress with their friends or other users.
- You can update the puzzle directly from the server without reinstallation.
- Custom puzzle allows creating your own Sudoku.
- During the game you can select digits to get a hint, delete digits by double click, and use various bonuses, for example, checking mistakes. Incorrect digits are highlighted.
Most users feel satisfied with the app’s various options and features. However, some hints are not free, which may be irritating. It’s much more convenient than solving puzzles in newspapers where you cannot have enough place for writing down digits if you have made a few mistakes.
Earlier users complained that the video ads play too loud and the sound cannot be turned off. Now the ads are mute if the mobile phone or tablet PC is in mute, too. I must admit that this feature definitely reduced users’ annoyance. Unfortunately, if you want to get rid of the ads forever, it’ll be an extra payment.
In the app’s latest version the developers also refined anti-cheating feature and fixed some bugs.
- Get for free via Google Play.
- User-friendly design and colorful graphics.
- Ability to share progress with friends via Twitter or Facebook.
- Automatic save if you decided to take a time-out.
- Game timer.
- Dark mode to protect your eyes.
- Endless undo/redo to make sure you are on track to win the battle.
- Ads after each game.
- In-app purchases.
Sudoku is a very interesting puzzle which develops your logical skills. Whether you are a novice or an expert, you’ll definitely fall in love with the app. A huge collection of more than 10,000 puzzles will entertain you any time. The auto-check functions will let you find errors at once. Compare your scores against friends and other players and arrange a competition!